Re: [Chicken-users] Bugs in documentation and Mac OS X 10.6.8 executable

From: Watson Ladd
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Bugs in documentation and Mac OS X 10.6.8 executable generation broken
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:03:44 -0600

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Mario Domenech Goulart
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Watson,
>
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 08:52:06 -0600 Watson Ladd <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> csi has it for making scripts run. This could simply be a case of me
>> assuming that the interpreter and compiler took similar options, which
>> is likely. So now i see what happens: csc takes the -ss switch and
>> interprets it as -s, which causes the result.
>>
>> So what is the correct way to compile an SRFI-22 compliant script to
>> an executable?
>
> I'm not sure I understand your question.  Usually it's just a matter of
>
>    $ csc your-program.scm
>
> A binary executable file called `your-program' will be generated.

So that works: I get an executable. But the executable does nothing
but take up time when run. I've got a SRFI-22 compliant script: that
is I want the executable to evaluate (main argslist) where argslist is
a list containing strings corresponding to the entries of the argv
vector. The interpreter has a flag for this: the compiler doesn't seem
to. Do I need to put in a toplevel expression, and if so, which one?
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions: I'm reasonably
experienced with scheme, but recently needed to turn some scheme into
something that can run on systems with only a C compiler.

> Best wishes.
> Mario
> --
> http://parenteses.org/mario

Sincerely,
Watson Ladd

Temporary Safety deserve neither  Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin