Re: [Chicken-users] unbound variable: sxml:sxml->xml

From: Vok Vojwo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] unbound variable: sxml:sxml->xml
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 18:17:39 +0100

2011/12/7 Peter Bex <address@hidden>:

> Actually, the main reason is that SSAX is a horrible mess which has
> many completely unrelated procedures all mixed together.
> There are several egg that provide different sets of procedures
> from the SSAX project.  Most eggs include all files from the SSAX
> project to make it easy to update them, but they don't install them
> all.
>
> The proper place to do this is in the sxml-serializer egg, and
> we definitely should *not* be adding random procedures to sxpath.
>
> (the *REALLY* proper way would be to drop SSAX and create a sane
> and consistent XML library from scratch, maybe reusing some algorithms
> from SSAX, but that's a whole other story...)

I can not see any reason why it should be necessary to split the Oleg
code. Someone who needs sxpath also needs sxml. Splitting the code
into different Chicken modules is pretty useless.

I would like if Olegs SSAX code stays together in one big module. This
is the easiest way to do it.

And if you like to write Olegs code once again from scratch in Chicken
modules it can be done.

But the current situation where people try to split something which is
not well suited to be split is not perfect.