Re: [Chicken-users] segfault using cairo/SDL

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] segfault using cairo/SDL
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:41:05 +0100

* Markus Klotzbuecher <address@hidden> [111221 21:12]:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm trying to use the cairo and sdl eggs for a small visualization
> tool. One thing I would like to do is to use the mouse to move around
> the current figure by clicking and holding it. However, I am getting
> frequent segfaults after a few seconds of this moving around. The
> crash happens both when running compiled and interpreted. Below an
> slightly modified version of the test-cairo.scm from the cairo egg
> that implements this "dragging" (I would have pasted it to
> http://paste.call-cc.org/ , but the service seems down)
>
> Is anyone else using these eggs and has seen such problems? Does
> anyone have a suggestions how to track this down?

Yes, I am currently using it for a small doodle framework for easy
visualisations and games. I haven't looked (yet) into mouse support.
The SDL egg is rather dusty and there might be such dark corners.

I will file this as a bug and will have a look at it during the
holidays.

If you find the time you could build a chicken with debugging
information (add DEBUGBUILD=1 to the make call) and show be the
backtrace of that. This might be of more help than the standard
backtrace.

Thanks for your help!

Christian

--
Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it will
gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest? Let