Re: [Chicken-users] Bug in numbers egg -- log function

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Bug in numbers egg -- log function
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 09:25:45 +0100

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 03:36:04AM +0100, Alexander Shendi wrote:
> Dear Chicken users,
>
> I have encounterd what seems to be a bug in the numbers egg. The problem
> occurs when I evaluate "(log 297.0+0.1i)". I have tested this with
> the current stable release (4.7.0) on the following platforms:
>
> OS             CPU                   Machine
> OpenBSD 5.0   Loongson2F (mips64el)  Lemote Yeeloong 8089B
> OpenBSD 5.0   i686 (x86)             Asus eeePC 701
>
> I have appended the two logs below.

Thanks for the logs.  I'll have a look.

> I have two questions:
>
> - Is this list the proper place to report the bug?

Yes, this is fine.  You could also send me a mail directly, or file
a ticket on trac (the latter is preferred).

> - How do I obtain the source code of the numbers egg, so
>   I can come up with a patch?

You can fetch it from subversion:
https://code.call-cc.org/svn/chicken-eggs/release/4/numbers/trunk

(username: "anonymous", password: "")

Alternatively, use chicken-install -r  to retrieve the source
code without installing it or removing them.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx