Re: [Chicken-users] compiling chicken on (crippled) embedded platforms

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] compiling chicken on (crippled) embedded platforms
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:55:58 +0600

> Could you clarify, is there a specific FFI bug and if so can you report it?

sorry if it sounded heresy.

> Or are you just anticipating potential FFI bugs?

i'm only anticipating FFI bugs, and on my part, in the generated C
stubs. once the devices are sent out, reflashing them becomes very
expensive, so i'm a bit nervous regarding any bugs that would
materialize in the C part that cannot be worked around from the scheme
side.

but since then i reconsidered and i will edit the generated C stubs by
hand, something from which normally i stay away. and in general treat
the C stub generator as a helper to write the stubs. hopefully that
will give me more confidence.

--
 attila

Notice the erosion of your (digital) freedom, and do something about it!

PGP: 2FA1 A9DC 9C1E BA25 A59C  963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39
OTR XMPP: 8647EEAC EA30FEEF E1B55146 573E52EE 21B1FF06