Re: [Chicken-users] cannot import from undefined module

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] cannot import from undefined module
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 14:21:54 +0100

* Christian Kellermann <address@hidden> [120307 14:10]:
> Hi Mark,
>
> * Mark Carter <address@hidden> [120307 14:03]:
> > If I try to import srfi-6 in my module, like so:
> >
> > (module
> >  mccsl ( define-simple-syntax)
> >  (import scheme chicken)
> >  (import srfi-6)
> > )
> >
> > I get the compilation error
> > Syntax error (import): cannot import from undefined module
> >
> > What do I do to fix this? It's all proving to be an uphill battle.
>
> There is no module called srfi-6. The list of available modules
> that are included in chicken-core is described in the manual:
> http://api.call-cc.org/doc/chicken/language all extensions have to
> be installed with chicken-install and loaded with (use) or
> (require-extension). A list of it is available http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggs
> or searchable here: http://api.call-cc.org/doc/
>
> string ports are available throught the ports unit:
> http://api.call-cc.org/doc/ports

Heh seems there might be a confusion on my side.

open-output-string, get-output-string and get-output-string are
defined in the library unit, which is available by default.  If you
need more convenient procedures please have a look at the ports
unit.

Now while having a look at this I see that one can (use srfi-6)
without error because it is mapped to an internal already available
module, while (import srfi-6) does not. This seems to be a bug.

Thanks for noticing this!

Which information would you've liked to have before stumbling on
all of this? Maybe that would be a good place to start the improvements,
apart from the bug fixing...

Sorry for the inconveniences,

Christian

--
Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it will
gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest? Let