Re: [Chicken-users] Postgresql egg - usage for mortals?

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Postgresql egg - usage for mortals?
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:13:02 +0100

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 11:42:44PM -0700, Matt Welland wrote:
> How do I do the equivalent of pg:query-for-each with the new api? It must
> be simple but I am confused. Any kind soul willing to point me in the right
> direction?

I'm not 100% sure what the old procedure did again, but this is probably
what you want:

(row-for-each*
  (lambda (a b c)
    (printf "Got a = ~A, b = ~A, c = ~A\n" a b c))
  (query conn "SELECT a, b, c FROM foo"))

If you prefer to get the arguments in a list, use the version
without a star:

(row-for-each
  (lambda (tuple)
    (printf "Got tuple = ~A\n" tuple))
  (query conn "SELECT a, b, c FROM foo"))

If the docs are unclear, I'd appreciate it if you can help me to
improve them.

Cheers,
Peter
--