[Chicken-users] Handling FFI callbacks outside a foreign-safe-lambda

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: [Chicken-users] Handling FFI callbacks outside a foreign-safe-lambda
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 19:22:59 +0200

Hi!

I have got a C lib that takes function pointers and wants to call
those at random points in time (at least from the scheme side point
of view). I do provide these using a define-external and passing
then the location of that procedure around.

The issue seems to be that the function actually invoking my callback
is outside a safe context. The code is close to this small example:

http://paste.call-cc.org/paste?id=ecc19ca8fa809475c96eadf4edf61aa72ba8d002

Is there a way to handle such cases?

Thanks,

Christian

--
9 out of 10 voices in my head say, that I am crazy,
one is humming.