Re: [Chicken-users] Does chicken include a C compiler (ie. you don't hav

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Does chicken include a C compiler (ie. you don't have to install a seperate compiler)?
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 16:47:39 +0200

* John Cowan <address@hidden> [120503 16:33]:
> Christian Kellermann scripsit:
>
> > It compiles to C and will drive an existing C compiler. So yes, you
> > need to install one yourself to compile chicken programs.
>
> Although the generated C code is quite portable, I don't think the
> toolchain supports any compiler except gcc (including its MinGW flavor).

And clang/LLVM on Mac OS X and several others... LLVM and gcc are
under test and use in the chicken community, others have been reported
to work in the past. If you need support for a particular C compiler,
please tell us about it.

Kind regards,

Christian

--
9 out of 10 voices in my head say, that I am crazy,
one is humming.