Re: [Chicken-users] Does chicken include a C compiler (ie. you don't hav

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Does chicken include a C compiler (ie. you don't have to install a seperate compiler)?
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 19:38:31 +0200

On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 01:03:37PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> Christian Kellermann scripsit:
>
> > And clang/LLVM on Mac OS X and several others... LLVM and gcc are
> > under test and use in the chicken community, others have been reported
> > to work in the past. If you need support for a particular C compiler,
> > please tell us about it.
>
> There is not a word about clang or gcc/LLVM on the wiki, though I see it
> has been supported since 4.4.0, in other words more than two years ago.
> Please fix.  (I would do it, but I know nothing about these things.)

Is there anything compiler-specific on the wiki to indicate that it
wouldn't work?

The only page I can remember offhand that talks about portability is
http://wiki.call-cc.org/portability and that has some mentions of the
Sun C compiler.  From that it's unclear whether Chicken works with
gcc on OpenSolaris or not, but that makes sense; there are just some
useful data points to indicate that someone tested it with this or that
version and that it worked for them.

Cheers,
Peter
--