Re: [Chicken-users] Building a web store in Chicken scheme

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Building a web store in Chicken scheme
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 21:45:05 +0200

Hi Yuval, welcome to Chicken Scheme!

* yuval <address@hidden> [120508 14:33]:

> I want to build an open source web store (OpenCart clone) In Chicken scheme.
> here is my project prototype repository:
> https://github.com/ylando2/OpenCart-in-scheme.

This sounds like a true quest for fame and honor! Also it sounds like
a huge undertaking. So first things first...

> First question If I will use
> the chicken scheme fastcgi Is it possible to find a cheap deployment host
> on the Internet.

The last hype would be to host chicken on a heroku instance. There
has been an announcement mail here with a recipe on how to do
that. http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg14662.html

If you don't quite understand it now, don't worry and save it for
future reference.

> I need functions like "my_sql_real_escape_string" and "htmlspecialchars" in
> php. I also need to know how to add ssl support (is it only configuration?).
> If someone is willing to help me I will be glad.

As for SQL there are several extensions, we call them eggs,
available. All of them help you building your queries and taking care
of escaping your variable input if necessary.

You can search all the available extensions and the manual using the
web search chickadee: http://api.call-cc.org

Since your questions sound to me like you still need some time to get
accustomed to the crazy chicken bunch, let me recommend the Tutorial
section on the wiki (http://wiki.call-cc.org/tutorials) as well as the
beginners guide (http://wiki.call-cc.org/chickenista-guide) which will
give you an overview of all the related bits and pieces.

I hope this helps a bit clearing up the initial confusion.

Welcome on board!

Christian

--
9 out of 10 voices in my head say, that I am crazy,
one is humming.