Re: [Chicken-users] Building a web store in Chicken scheme

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Building a web store in Chicken scheme
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 21:50:08 +0200

* Christian Kellermann <address@hidden> [120508 21:45]:
> > I need functions like "my_sql_real_escape_string" and "htmlspecialchars" in
> > php. I also need to know how to add ssl support (is it only configuration?).
> > If someone is willing to help me I will be glad.
>
> As for SQL there are several extensions, we call them eggs,
> available. All of them help you building your queries and taking care
> of escaping your variable input if necessary.

Oh, one more thing. The supported SQL database in chicken land is
postgres. So far noone has written bindings for mysql. So if you need
mysql support you would have to do this first.

On the other hand people that have dealt with both (I haven't) suggest
that you should consider to switch to a real database and use postgres
:)

Cheers,

Christian

--
9 out of 10 voices in my head say, that I am crazy,
one is humming.