Re: [Chicken-users] segv with stty egg

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] segv with stty egg
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 14:03:37 -0400

Hi Aaron,

On Wed, 23 May 2012 10:29:36 -0700 Aaron Patterson <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 06:55:31PM +0200, Christian Kellermann wrote:
>> Hi Aaron!
>> * Aaron Patterson <address@hidden> [120523 04:45]:
>> >
>> > I am trying to read from a tty with Chicken.  I've been messing around
>> > with the stty egg, and it seems to be segving on me.  Here is the script
>> > I'm using:
>> >
>> >   https://gist.github.com/2772939
>> >
>> > I know I'm not using the stty egg correctly, but I don't think it should
>> > be segving in this case.  Thanks!
>>
>> Hm, indeed a  crash is not nice!  Can you try  whether it also crashes
>> for you with the stty's trunk version?
>
> I'd be happy to test it.  Where do I find the svn repo?  I feel new in
> the Chicken Scheme community, so I'm not sure where to locate this type
> of information.  :-)

Sorry, maybe the docs are a bit scattered, but since we are used to it,
we end up not noticing some omissions or bad organization (we actually
know the organization is bad, but fixing it, you know...).

Here's a quick summary:

* The CHICKEN core (compiler, interpreter, runtime system, profiler,
  eggs manager) code is maintained in a git repository (see
  http://code.call-cc.org for info about how to get it).

* Eggs can be hosted by the subversion repository at call-cc.org or,
  more recently, on remote VCSs (see
  http://wiki.call-cc.org/releasing-your-egg).  When eggs are not hosted
  by the svn repository at call-cc.org, you probably can find the egg
  repository location in the egg documentation
  (http://wiki.call-cc.org/egg/<the-egg>).  If the egg author has not
  provided that information in the egg documentation (he/she should),
  you can find it out by looking at the egg-locations file
  (https://address@hidden/svn/chicken-eggs/release/4/egg-locations
  -- empty password)

* You can also get eggs source code with chicken-install:

      $ chicken-install -r the-egg

  If you want some specific version:

      $ chicken-install -r the-egg:the-version

  If you want to get the tests too:

      $ chicken-install -r -test the-egg

tl;dr: http://code.call-cc.org/ provides guidelines about how to obtain
code hosted on call-cc.org.  For eggs hosted remotely, check the egg
documentation or the egg-locations file.  You can quickly and
VCS-agnostically get eggs source code with chicken-install.

> Eventually, I'd like to extend the egg to support cfsetispeed and
> cfsetospeed so that I can read from a tty.

Nice.  Thanks for your interest in contributing.

Best wishes.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario