Re: [Chicken-users] Can't install Spock

From: Дмитрий
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Can't install Spock
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 16:49:18 +0400

Thank you very much for your answers!

> generated instead (this is a shortcoming of the "make" macro). I have
> tried to make the setup script handle the .exe extension on windows -
> please try spock 0.07, which should be available via chicken-install
> shortly.
Well, it is not (yet) available for me. :)

By the way, while we are at this, is it possible to change call to ``cat`` to
``type`` on Windows platforms (at least on mingw32 platform)?

``type f1 f2 > f3`` is functionally equivalent to ``cat f1 f2 > f3`` PROVIDED
THAT all files are text, not binary.

I happen to have CoreUtils from GnuWin32 in my %PATH%, but many
people do without them. ``cat`` is included in MSYS, but Chicken
doesn't require MSYS, it can be built with a vanilla ``mingw32-make``.

> Thanks for trying it out. Please note that spock hasn't been used for serious
> stuff yet (AFAIK), so it is likely to have bugs.
I'm aware of that, but everything may have bugs. xD

Anyway, I'm not going to do anything serious yet.

___
Best regards,
Dmitry Kushnariov