Re: [Chicken-users] [SECURITY] Buffer overrun vulnerability in Chicken's

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [SECURITY] Buffer overrun vulnerability in Chicken's scheduler
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 19:40:46 +0200

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 12:33:28PM +0200, Peter Bex wrote:
> Currently a patch is being developed.  In the meanwhile an effective
> workaround is to limit the maximum number of open descriptors using
> the Unix "ulimit -n" command.

For those feeling adventurous, please test the attached patch.  We are
currently debating whether it should be applied, but unsure because
there could be some potential portability problems with it as well as
the fact that it's a reasonably large change to a core component of
Chicken which is pretty subtle.

It would be especially useful if people using anything *other* than
Linux or BSD could report back success or failure.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx