Re: [Chicken-users] ANN: simple-graphics, a basic turtle graphics librar

From: Daniel Leslie
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ANN: simple-graphics, a basic turtle graphics library for educational purposes
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 14:45:40 -0700

Fantastic!

I, for one, am happy to see more and more multimedia eggs for Scheme.

Thanks!
-Dan

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Alaric Snell-Pym <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello folks,

As my six-year-old is interested in making computers do things, but
showing her how to do sums in csi grew old after half an hour or so, I
built on Christian's fine work in the doodle egg (which handles all the
evil bits for me) and wrote a very simple turtle graphics library.

The goal is simplicity and immediate gratification; all setup of
graphical context is done on demand when the user starts drawing pictures.

https://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/simple-graphics

It can be improved in many ways; mainly, I want to put a little turtle
sprite that rotates to show the turtle direction, but I need C-Keen to
finish his work on doodle sprites first! However, I'd also like to
provide more "upwards paths" to more advanced work, like integration
with the doodle event loop and so on.

I'd also like to lay down better infrastructure for drawing charts from
numerical data, perhaps with a "draw-to" alongside "go-to", line
thickness, etc.

However, it'll do for now!

Enjoy,

ABS