Re: [Chicken-users] a new egg: chickmunk

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] a new egg: chickmunk
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 13:03:48 -0700

Hey Shawn,

Physics engines are definitely fun to play around with! If you wanna quickly see what they can do, both Box2D and Chipmunk have interactive demos along with their source code.

I had prior experience with Box2D and I actually started out trying to create Chicken bindings for it. I wanted things to be as automatic as possible, so I went for chicken-bind and tinyclos. It quickly turned out to be a little cumbersome so I switched to Chipmunk. The interface was easier to bind to. However, we loose a couple fancy features like bullets.

K.