Re: [Chicken-users] a new egg: chickmunk

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] a new egg: chickmunk
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:28:35 -0700

Great, I will add some of the tools I've been using
to the repo. They're incomplete as well, but they
may help getting you started.

K.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Christian Kellermann <address@hidden> wrote:
* Kristian Lein-Mathisen <address@hidden> [120726 01:19]:
> Hi guys,
>
> I just though I'd let you know I've created an egg that binds Chicken to
> the Chipmunk 2D physics library. It's almost complete and is available on
> github <https://github.com/kristianlm/chickmunk>.
>
> Chickmunk <https://github.com/kristianlm/chickmunk> should provide bindings
> to all C functions, so all parts of Chipmunk
> <http://chipmunk-physics.net/>(bodies, shapes, constraints) should be
> accessible. It also adds:
>
>    - properties: shape-properties, shape-properties-set!, body-properties
>    etc
>    - lambda callbacks on query-point, query-segment and for-each-body/shape
>    - nodes: space->nodes and nodes->space
>
> ;; Create a new Chipmunk space with a circle and a line-segment
> (define space
>   (nodes->space
>     `(space ()
>             (body ()
>                   (circle (radius 0.1)))
>             (body ((static 1))
>                   (segment (endpoints ((-1 -1)
>                                        ( 1 -1))))))))
>

> Unfortunately, I won't be able to work on this anymore due to my work
> situation. If there is interest in releasing this incomplete egg to the
> repository, please let me know!

This is awesome! I will definitely play with it. This could be an
ingredient for some interesting doodle puzzle games!

Cheers,

Christian

--
9 out of 10 voices in my head say, that I am crazy,
one is humming.