[Chicken-users] Trouble loading source file in csi

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: [Chicken-users] Trouble loading source file in csi
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 13:45:09 -0600

Hi, people--

I am developing a chicken library, and attempting to perform some rudimentary tests in csi as I go. However, when I try to load the file

  (load "text-menu.scm")

I get the following error:

:
:    Error: history entry index out of range: 0
:
:        Call history:

   ... followed by a traceback whose specific contents depend on the current state of the source code. But I always get "history entry index out of range." However, if I type a (use ...) declaration (it does not seem to matter what library I am use-ing), then the error goes away for the remainder of the csi session.

I am using Chicken 4.7.0 on Linux. I tried commenting out everything in my .csirc, and it didn't seem to make any difference. So ... any idea what is going on here? If this is just a quirk of CSI behavior, then it doesn't really matter, since this code is intended to become an egg, so it will normally be compiled. Still, it's rather annoying, at least.

Thanks for any clues,

--
Matt Gushee