Re: [Chicken-users] spock tests

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] spock tests
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 14:28:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hey, folks!

Many, many thanks for testing so pervasively. This is indeed good
news, as it shows that the stuff generally works. As you all reported,
some test-cases fail, but this is known and caused by minor bugs or
R5RS incompatibilities that result from the way Scheme is mapped onto
JS semantics in this translator. Now that we know that Spock is
basically working, I can continue improving it. The performance is not
that great but sufficient (and in fact doesn't look too bad when
compared with Scheme2JS or Gambit's forthcoming JS backend, in
particular when continuations are used heavily). Also, Spock is more
geared towards dynamic code generation than for doing ahead-of-time
compilation of heavyweight programs.

Thanks again for your assistance!