Re: [Chicken-users] Spiffy & OpenSSL in compiled code

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Spiffy & OpenSSL in compiled code
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 21:54:43 +0200 (CEST)

> In the compiled case, the binary runs but the following is produced on
> stderr when a connection is attempted:
>
> -----
> primordial: Connection handshake error: "bad argument type - not a fixnum"
> -----

This looks like it could be a specialization error - in other words,
the compiler optimizes some code for a particular type (here a
fixnum), incorrectly. What I would do in this case is build a
debug-version of chicken and go in with the debugger. I can give
more detailed instructions, if you want to try it out.