[Chicken-users] [ANN] New egg for SCSH process notation

From: Peter Bex
Subject: [Chicken-users] [ANN] New egg for SCSH process notation
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 00:30:29 +0200

Hi everyone,

As most of you know, we had a Chicken meetup in the UK, which was great fun.
Thanks to Alaric and Sarah for their hospitality and the great food!

During this meetup I wrote a reimplementation of SCSH's UNIX process
notation macros for Chicken.  This has now been released as an egg.
It is fully documented at http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/scsh-process

This code is pretty much a quick hack and I'm sure there are lots of
bugs in it, so beware!  While working on it I've also found two bugs
in Chicken's posix unit related to interrupted system calls, which may
cause problems with this egg.  If you encounter strange issues, consider
running the testsuite and perhaps applying the patches I posted to the
chicken-hackers mailinglist.

Suggestions are welcome, especially related to threading and process
reaping.  Currently threading isn't really supported as it can interfere
with the proper functioning of child processes.  Process reaping is a
massive hack which looks like it works well enough, for now.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx