Re: [Chicken-users] Alex Shinn, Kon Lovett: list of eggs needing new rel

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Alex Shinn, Kon Lovett: list of eggs needing new releases
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 19:09:25 -0400

Hi,

On Sat, 6 Oct 2012 16:24:22 -0600 Alan Post <address@hidden> wrote:

> Based on recently deprecated functions in core, the following eggs
> need new releases:
>
>   condition-utils: patch to trunk attached.
>   lookup-table:    patch to trunk attached.
>   srfi-41:         1.2.2 no longer works, but trunk has been updated.
>   stack:           patch to trunk attached.
>   utf8:            attached patch in previous message, but patch
>                    repeated here.
>
> It appears that the deprecated features used in these eggs are the
> primary reasons for the majority of the test failures.  The owners
> of these eggs are active here:
>
>   Alex Shinn
>     + utf8
>   Kon Lovett
>     + condition-utils
>     + lookup-table
>     + srfi-41
>     + stack
>
> I don't have the required permission in svn to correct these issues,
> though I'm happy to be granted sufficient privilege to patch, test
> and cut new releases for these eggs.  Otherwise, I've done what I
> can and goddess speed both of you.  ^_^

Notice that to use (use make) in .setup files, you need (depends make)
in the corresponding .meta files, since make is now an egg.

Also, it's probably a good idea to explicitly require the minimum
versions in the .meta file.  Example:

  (depends (some-egg "minimum-version"))

since that's what required-extension-version was used for.

Finally, all those changes will only take effect when a new release is
tagged (so, bumping versions is required too).

Best wishes.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario