Re: [Chicken-users] patch to move my eggs to github

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] patch to move my eggs to github
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 13:29:51 +0200

On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 06:57:11PM -0600, Alan Post wrote:
> I've just migrated my eggs from the chicken-eggs svn repository into
> github.  Will someone with the appropriate permission apply the
> patch?

Hello Alan,

I had a look at your github repos and noticed that you didn't create
git tags corresponding to the tags in svn, but the release-info file
still mentions these releases.  This means that henrietta-cache will
be unable to download these old releases.  Currently it has cached
these, but the idea of a cache is that you should be able to blow it
away at any time without affecting functionality.

I can recommend either creating these tags in git, or pointing to the
svn tags for older releases.  How to do this is documented in
http://wiki.call-cc.org/releasing-your-egg#moving-an-egg, but for
your convenience I'll give a concrete example for genturfahi:

------
;; Old location, in call-cc's subversion egg repo
(uri files-list
"http://code.call-cc.org/files-list?egg={egg-name};release={egg-release}";
old-svn-repo)
(release "1.0.0" old-svn-repo)
(release "1.0.1" old-svn-repo)
(release "1.0.2" old-svn-repo)

;; Current (default) location, on Github
(repo git "git://github.com/alanpost/{egg-name}.git")
(uri targz "https://github.com/alanpost/{egg-name}/tarball/{egg-release}";)
(release "1.0.3") ;; A fictitious new release
------

Let me know when you've updated the release-info files, then we can
update the egg-locations.

Cheers,
Peter
--