Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken and Cocos2Dx on Google Play!

From: Daniel Leslie
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken and Cocos2Dx on Google Play!
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 13:26:31 -0700

Not adding much, just wanted to chime in and say this is absolutely fantastic work. Thanks!

-Dan

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Kristian Lein-Mathisen <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Jason,

and thanks for testing this. I'm really glad it seems to be working!

I'm happy to see others trying to go in a similar direction. Developing with a REPL on the real hardware is so incredebly rewarding!
I've put out the code out on here for you guys to look at. But like mentioned before, it's a complete mess. I would probably need a day to get it to build from scratch myself!

Note that it depends on chicken-bind from my github account, the official version 1.0 won't work.

If you don't want to mess around with actually building it, you can peek at the Scheme source-code. You can edit parts of that and send it to the REPL. In particular, the *update* global may be of interest there.

Cheers and have a good weekend all!
K.

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Jason Ripley <address@hidden> wrote:
> If you have an Android phone, it'd appreciate if you took the time to check
> it out. I am particularly interested if the app won't start at all, and
> perhaps what framerate you're getting (very bottom-left). I know there is a
> memory leak somewhere (thanks Alaric!), but otherwise I hope things should
> be running fairly smoothly.

Hi Kris,

I ran your app on my android devices, and it ran fine on all of them.
Here are the frame rates:

HTC EVO 3D - 48 fps
Kindle Fire (1st gen)  - 52 fps
Motorola Droid (1st gen) - 25 fps

I just started looking at cocos2d-x for cross platform development,
and would be very interested to see the code for this application
(messy or not).  Also, I have a macbook, and a couple of old ipod
touches, so I could possibly see how/if it runs on them.

Thanks,
Jason