Re: [Chicken-users] building under windows

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] building under windows
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 20:08:50 +0100 (CET)

From: Răzvan Rotaru <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 10:52:32 +0100

> Hi,
>
> I tried to touch build-version.c but with no change. I would have been
> surprised to see one, since all other .c file have the same timestamp.
>
> I commented out the lines 556-558 from rules.make and succeeded with the
> build. To me it looks like a bug in make.

That was the right action. I could reproduce the problem and the build-rules
are indeed incorrect for this platform: "buildid" and "buildversion" are
always regenerated, on every invocation of make(1). I'll provide a patch,
shortly.

> For your information, I tried to use the toolchains provided by
> http://www.mingw.org and http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net. Both have the
> same behaviour. (allthough the second one displayed some warnings, which
> were not displayed by the first one).

Oh, mingw-w64 - we don't support that yet, but it would be great to
get it working. Can you do me a favor? Could you run the 64-bit
version of gcc like this, and send me the output?

  gcc -dM -E - </dev/null

(or just "gcc -dM -E -" and press Ctrl-D or Ctrl-Z or whatever is needed
to send EOF).