Re: [Chicken-users] CSC -embedded

From: Stephen Eilert
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CSC -embedded
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:50:40 -0300

I'll try to create a simple test case to demonstrate the problem. It will take a few days, as there's a holiday here and I won't be touching computers much.

-- Stephen

"Kids these days.
Whatever happened to hard work?"

       -- Joel Spolsky, The perils of javaschools

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:50 AM, Christian Kellermann <address@hidden> wrote:
* Stephen Eilert <address@hidden> [121115 04:19]:
> Hello again,
>
> I have tried compiling a scheme program, using both csc -e and csc
> -embedded in order to tell it not to generate a main() function, but it
> does it anyway. I was trying to generated a mainless .c file to embed
> inside another app.
>
> -DC_EMBEDDED does the trick, though. Was the option removed from csc?

As I understand it, csc will invoke the linker with your scheme code
*and* your c files. So you would have to provide the main() function
there:

csc -embedded t.scm main.c --> t executable.

To help you further there I would need to know more about your
problem.

HTH,

Christian

--
In the world, there is nothing more submissive and weak than
water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong, nothing can