[Chicken-users] undefined reference to `C_numbers_toplevel'

From: Miguel Fernandez
Subject: [Chicken-users] undefined reference to `C_numbers_toplevel'
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:27:29 -0800

Hey everyone,

I'm just starting out in Scheme, and trying to compile a small snippet that uses complex numbers. The code is as follows:

    (use numbers)

    (begin
      (display 3+3i)
      (newline)
    )

I installed the `numbers` egg with `chicken-install`, load it with `use`, and when I run it (as a script) through the interpreter `csi` it works perfectly. Unfortunately, when I try to compile it with:

    csc -uses numbers main.scm

I get the following error:

    main.o: In function `C_toplevel':
    main.c:(.text+0x1c2): undefined reference to `C_numbers_toplevel'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

    Error: shell command terminated with non-zero exit status 256: gcc main.o -o main -L"/usr/local/lib"     -Wl,-R"/usr/local/lib" -lchicken -lm -ldl

*Versions and specs:*
-  csc 4.8.0 (rev 0db1908) manually compiled
-  chicken-install 4.8.0
-  numbers 2.8.1
- Fedora Linux 16

As far as I know, I haven't touched anything in the distribution either.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? If you need more info, I'd be more than happy to give it!

~ Miguel