Re: [Chicken-users] [new egg] pilgrim

From: richo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [new egg] pilgrim
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 02:10:04 +1100

On 13/01/13 16:02 +0100, Peter Bex wrote:
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:31:35AM +1100, richo wrote:
I've been working on another http engine for chicken (I know, reinventing
the wheel. but it seemed like a fun way to learn about how it worked).

We don't mind, in fact we slightly encourage a sense of anarchy and
diversity in our extensions.

Anyway, it was fine to keep my code vendored up in the only project using it,
but I want to use it in a second project, and as far as I can tell with the
existing infrastructure I need to package it up and distribute it as an egg.

Can someone with commit access please add:

https://raw.github.com/richo/pilgrim/master/pilgrim.release-info

To the relevant locations (and let me know if I did it right?

Done!  You did it right, AFAICT

So I just post to the list again with each new version? Or will it enumerate
my tags automagically?

I couldn't see
an obvious way to have (requires pilgrim) result in master being checked out
while I'm still hacking on it.

Well, that's indeed not supported.  The distributed egg repository only
supports publishing released eggs with a given version.  You'll need to
tag a release and add this release to the release-info file for it to be
installable.  After pushing this, the egg should appear on the main
server within the hour.  I think Alaric's mirror takes a little longer
to show up.

Thinking about it, it should be pretty easy to develop new features in my
application, and when they're stable push them back into pilgrim to be
generally consumable, and then bump the patchlevel.

This is probably a saner way to do it anyway.

I followed this:

http://wiki.call-cc.org/releasing-your-egg#github-git

Excellent.  If you had any difficulty I'd love to get feedback on this.

So far it was good. A few weird loops I ended up in, I might put together
some thoughts tomorrow.

Finally, I think this may be my first post to the list, so; Hi!

Hello!  Welcome!  Please help yourself to some tasty code :)

Thanks

I've been hacking on and off on various scheme projects for a few months, I'm
on #chicken semi-regularly.

Cheers,
Peter
--