Re: [Chicken-users] [Q] uri-common has problem with UTF-8 uri.

From: Sungjin Chun
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [Q] uri-common has problem with UTF-8 uri.
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:52:26 +0900

First, I might have found wrong place but...

It seems that the main source of the my problem is related to the part of uri-generic.scm, especially;

(define char-set:uri-unreserved
  (char-set union char-set:letter+digit (string->char-set "-_.~")))

If I change this part as;

(define char-set:uri-unreserved
  (char-set union char-set:letter+digit (string->char-set "-_.~") char-set:hangul))

then, uri/url with korean characters work. How can I set those part more generic one?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my poor english.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 07:04:05AM +0900, Sungjin Chun wrote:
> For testing solr, lucene based client, I have to create url which contains utf-8 encoding(for Korean). But having this encoding uri-common cannot create uri.
>
> Can any one help me on this? Thanks.

Hello Sungjin,

As far as I recall, there's no special facility for IRIs
(internationalized URIs, a separate RFC from 3986) in uri-generic.
uri-generic is the underlying egg which actually handles all the
parsing, uri-common just adds some convenience procedures for
HTTP and URI-encoded forms.  Maybe you can take a look at the
uri-geneirc library, and verify it really is going wrong there already?

If it doesn't work, some test cases would be appreciated.  We can have
a look at them and see where it's failing.  I'm unsure whether this
really should be supported by the uri-generic egg or whether it would
be better to create an "iri-generic" egg, or some such.

Perhaps Ivan can chime in?  He is the one who originally ported the
code from a Haskell library, and might know whether that library had
any known problems with IRIs (if it's even IRIs we're talking about!)

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx