Re: [Chicken-users] Random crashes with zmq egg: Assertion failed: ok (m

From: Thomas Hintz
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Random crashes with zmq egg: Assertion failed: ok (mailbox.cpp:84)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 08:01:54 -0800

Hi Matt,

I attempted to use the zmq egg for a while and ran into the same problem. I did not have the time to debug it too much so I abandoned using it, although I would like to pick it up at some point in the future.

That being said, I think it is GC/finalizer/memory-leak related. I would get segfaults unless I set a static heap size. Eventually it would fill up the heap though. I am reasonably confident that it was zmq with the issue and not my code, although I did not get it down to a nice test case. I remember also thinking it may be related/compounded by the use of threads. Those may be avenues to investigate. I may be able to checkout an old branch and run some tests if you need/want me to, but I just don't have too much time to investigate it with you at the moment. I wish I did.

Thanks,

-Thomas Hintz