Re: [Chicken-users] How do I build chicken for the MIPS arch?

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] How do I build chicken for the MIPS arch?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 15:13:00 -0500

Ivan Reche scripsit:

> I've tried to achieve it like the following:
>
> C_COMPILER=mipsel-linux-uclibc-gcc make PLATFORM=linux

That's never going to work.  You have to write, beg, borrow, or steal
a translation of apply-hack into MIPS assembly language and put it in
a file named "apply-hack.mips.S".  Without that, you can't even start.

Then you need to construct Makefile.cross-linux-mipsel-linux, which will
need to contain appropriate definitions for the MIPS environment and the
cross compiler.  You can use Makefile.linux and Makefile.cross-linux-mingw
to show you the way.

Then you build with "make PLATFORM=cross-linux-mipsel-linux".  You may
have to add some other conditionalized stuff, since you are building
with uClibc.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan         address@hidden
The native charset of SMS messages supports English, French, mainland