Re: [Chicken-users] Error with clang/FreeBSD

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Error with clang/FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:43:28 -0500

address@hidden scripsit:

> I wasn't familiar with the '-z' option, and I gleaned it's used by the
> gnu linker.  Since this option is invoked only with "-deploy" in the
> test suite, I'm not really sure of its purpose.  It may be needed by
> gcc, but '-z origin' was indigestible by clang.

In the RPATH, which is set by the -R switch, the literal string "$ORIGIN"
represents the directory that the executable file was run from.  At least
this is so on Linux and Solaris.  But on FreeBSD, it is interpreted
as a literal directory name unless the "-z origin" switch was passed
to the linker.  A bug in clang prevents it from handling the -R and
"-z origin" switches at the same time.

--
A mosquito cried out in his pain,               John Cowan
"A chemist has poisoned my brain!"              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan