Re: [Chicken-users] posix-extras sleep

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] posix-extras sleep
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 02:24:47 -0600

On Feb 18, 2013, at 2:36 PM, Jim Ursetto wrote:

> I would be ok with adding usleep to the posix-extras egg if you want.  I'm
> not sure if it should be a separate function or just override (sleep) to
> accept fractional values.  I'm thinking the latter.

Although not exactly what you asked for in your later message, I've implemented
a fractional-second sleep in posix-extras 0.1.4.  Simply (use posix-extras),
and e.g. (sleep 1.4) works on Unix and Windows.  On Windows it uses Sleep(), on
UNIX it uses usleep() + sleep() (since usleep > 1 sec is illegal).

Jim