Re: [Chicken-users] New string manipulation module

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] New string manipulation module
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 15:23:44 -0500

Jim Ursetto scripsit:

> > I've proposed a new type of import specifier to go with "prefix", namely
> > "drop-prefix".  Rather than prefixing all names, this removes the prefix
> > from any names that have it.  This would be a Good Thing to add to Chicken;
> > Chibi already has it, and it is part of a proposal for R7RS-large.
>
> I think regex rename would be more general.

Of course it would, and the Perl substitute command would be more general
still.  For that matter, you could allow an arbitrary Scheme procedure to
be provided.  But "drop-prefix" is dead simple, has precedent, and is
easy to understand and use.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan         address@hidden
The native charset of SMS messages supports English, French, mainland