Re: [Chicken-users] postgresql tests/run.scm line 17 ff.

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] postgresql tests/run.scm line 17 ff.
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 16:12:06 +0100

On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 04:03:29PM +0100, Herr wrote:
> Am 03.03.2013 11:30, schrieb Peter Bex:
> > Like I said, it just checks the object type, not whether the connection
> > is still alive.  libpq offers no way to check this.  I could check whether
> > the connection-pointer is NULL, but it being not-NULL is no guarantee
> > that the underlying connection is still alive.
>
> I see a PQstatus function in the PG 9.1 docs, chapter 31.2, and it takes of
> course a
> conn pointer as parameter. Might be a candidate.

Ah yes, I had missed that one.  Maybe I'll add it later.  Currently the
status is checked only at connection time, which is sufficient for most
purposes.

> > Thanks for pointing out the bogus test!
>
> My pleasure. I am not through checking it all yet ;-)

:)

> I have been using postgresql a lot in Tcl and PHP, but scheme is new to me.

I hope you find this more convenient than the shitty functions provided
by PHP.  I always get frustrated having to write code for handling
booleans and arrays in PHP all the time, over and over again.
How is TCL's interface?

Cheers,
Peter
--