[Chicken-users] vector-copy! compatibility and handling + what else chan

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] vector-copy! compatibility and handling + what else changed around -extend?
Date: 04 Mar 2013 10:58:05 +0100

Hi all,

as usual it's challenging to compile an application using a new
version of chicken.  (In this case I try to upgrade from 5.7.5 to
current git master.)

Somehow the initialization has changed.  Now it breaks upon the
use or slightly complex irregexp's.

I figured out that this is due to the use of srfi-43.

The problem boils down to chicken having a vector-copy! procedure,
which takes an incompatible argument order wrt. srfi-43.

Since chicken claims (or claimed?) to support srfi-43, how
should I do so now?

This is not the only change I noticed.  Before I ran into
the problem that I used to feed "define-type"s into the compilation
via the use of -extend.  Beware: this doesn't work anymore.
One has to put them into a separate file and (include "typedefs.scm")
everywhere they are use.

While I can live with the latter option, frankly I liked the former
better.  Why may I not pass them via -extend anymore?  Or, for that
matter more worrying the question is: what else from my -extend
stuff is no longer visible as it was before?

Thanks a lot!

/Jörg