Re: [Chicken-users] to "uses" or not to "uses"

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] to "uses" or not to "uses"
Date: 25 Mar 2013 12:58:46 +0100

On Mar 25 2013, Peter Bex wrote:

OK, so how would this be different from leaving things as they are,
i.e. (declare (uses ..)) instead of re-quire-library?
(Both followed by an import)

Any advantage in using require-library?

Well, if you want to make use of modules, I think this is needed.

I'm afraid it require-library does work like "use" only with
dynamic load.  I tried to use it instead of the uses clauses
and it fails to load the linked code.

However having the (declare (uses ...)) plus import does do the
trick.

I'm really confused what would be the right way to statically
link a couple of modules and import them among each other.

Still trying to find a solution.  But after having tried now
for a while I reverted to the last version to get anything working
again to start with.

Any help appreciated.

/Jörg