Re: [Chicken-users] ANN: civet 0.1, an X(HT)ML templating library

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ANN: civet 0.1, an X(HT)ML templating library
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 15:13:20 -0600

Hi, Peter--

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:

> Would you like this egg to be made available through chicken-install?

That is my intention. But as I mentioned in the initial post, even
though the processor works perfectly in the imaginary world of the
test suite, it actually has a serious bug that I think makes it
unusable for any real-world tasks. So until I get that fixed, I don't
feel right about allowing people to install the egg without thinking.

> If so, please also consider adding documentation on the wiki under
> eggref/4/civet.  This has the added benefit of making its procedures
> available for search on api.call-cc.org and the master egg list will
> automatically point there, so people will be able to find the docs.

Yes, that's in the plan too ... much as I detest wikis in general and
disagree with the practice of maintaining docs separate from the
package, I realize that that is the Chicken Way (at least until that
far-off future day when I persuade everyone to do it differently ;-).

I wonder if there is a program that converts Markdown to Chicken Wiki format?

--
Matt Gushee