Re: [Chicken-users] Crypt egg build error

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Crypt egg build error
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 07:18:26 -0600

Hi, Peter--

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 4:02 AM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:

> The reason it's erroring out is probably because your libc's crypt()
> returns NULL for unsupported setting strings, whereas some other crypt()
> implementations return bogus strings.
>
> Could you please try the attached patch and let me know if this fixes
> it for you, so I can make a new release?

Yes, that works. Thank you!

By the way: since this egg is an interface to "the Unix crypt()
function," does that mean it does not work on Windows? Also, I have
seen that some seemingly-knowledgeable people believe that bcrypt is
one of the better hashing methods. But this crypt is not related to
bcrypt, is it?

Thanks,
Matt Gushee