[Chicken-users] Best way to share memory between C and Chicken

From: Pedro Melendez
Subject: [Chicken-users] Best way to share memory between C and Chicken
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 14:04:03 -0400

Hi all,

Sorry if this question is obvious, but I couldn't find what I were looking for in the documentation so maybe you guys can help me.

I am developing a prototype of a server that would serve 3D seismic images across the network. This  task requires to process big files (~4 GB) with existing C code that is desirable to maintain. I plan to write the server itself in Chicken scheme but I would need to maintain the existing code in C that opens and process those files.

Giving the size of the file, I want to share the memory space between C and Chicken and avoid copying values between areas. Is that even possible? Anyone has an idea on how can I address this?

Thanks in advance!

Pedro

--
T: +1 (416) - 357.5356