Re: [Chicken-users] Best way to share memory between C and Chicken

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Best way to share memory between C and Chicken
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 08:13:12 +0900

Hello,

  Yes, it seems that copying/moving around large vectors puts a lot of pressure on the memory subsystem. Other than that, SRFI-4 vectors are fine.

  Ivan

On 2013-05-04 00:26, Ivan Raikov wrote:
> [...]
> I really strongly advise _against_ using SRFI-4 vectors for 4G files,
> as I have experienced serious performance issues even with vectors of a
> few million elements.
> [...]

Hello,

would that be related to the fact that CHICKEN has a copying garbage
collector or are there other hidden performance implications of SRFI-4
vectors?

Ciao,
Thomas