Re: [Chicken-users] Best way to share memory between C and Chicken

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Best way to share memory between C and Chicken
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 08:21:34 -0400

Felix scripsit:

> Unfortunately, execution and garbage collection are tightly interleaved
> in the cheney-on-the-mta model.

Minor collection is, but major collection could be run in a separate
thread so that it can run concurrently (even on a second core) with the
rest of the program.  As it happens, I was reading about a concurrent
GC just the other day which sounded interesting -- and just happens to
be named Chicken, how cool is that?

<http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~erez/Papers/real-time-pldi.pdf>

--
John Cowan   http://ccil.org/~cowan    address@hidden
We want more school houses and less jails; more books and less arsenals;