[Chicken-users] Issues with socket egg

From: Michele La Monaca
Subject: [Chicken-users] Issues with socket egg
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 15:48:53 +0200

Hi,

while using this egg I experienced a few issues:

1)  (inet-address) always fails on Solaris.

I consistently get "Error: (inet-address) invalid internet address".
This seems to be related to the definition of AI_NUMERICSERV.

<netdb.h> has these definitions on Solaris:

#define AI_PASSIVE      0x0008  /* intended for bind() + listen() */
#define AI_NUMERICHOST  0x0020  /* use numeric node address string */
#define AI_NUMERICSERV  0x0040  /* servname is assumed numeric */

Manually setting AI_NUMERICSERV to 0 solves the problem but I am not
sure why the problem occurs with Solaris' defines.

2) The egg doesn’t install on Cygwin due to the unbound identifier
'SO_EXCLUSIVEADDRUSE' (mingw only?). Dropping the related option
(so/exclusiveaddruse) solves the problem.

3) I need an option/function to explicitly set the socket as
non-blocking (i.e. without invoking socket-connect). As a temporary
workaround I exported the function _make_socket_nonblocking. Can this
workaround (or anything equivalent) made be available in the egg?

Thanks in advance.

Ciao,
Michele