Re: [Chicken-users] reader macros

From: John Croisant
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] reader macros
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 17:04:38 -0400

On 5/13/13 4:55 PM, John Cowan wrote:
Răzvan Rotaru scripsit:

I have not found information about this topic, so I have to ask here: does
chicken provide reader macros?
See <http://wiki.call-cc.org/man/4/Unit%20library#reader-extensions>.

To add to that: be aware that you have to load reader extensions in a special way if you want to use them when compiling your code. To do it, use the "-X" flag when running the chicken command, for example: "chicken -X my-reader-extension-module my-source-file.scm" That loads the reader extension _before_ it starts compiling your code, which allows the reader extension to be available at compile time.