Re: [Chicken-users] Is chicken supported on 32 bit Linux?

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Is chicken supported on 32 bit Linux?
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 16:49:48 +0200

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 02:25:09PM +0000, John Long wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Here's the part of the test that crashed. If you need the prior stuff just
> let me know, I didn't want to post too hugely to the list!
>
> Error: (library-tests.scm:210) assertion failed: (= (sin 42.0) (fpsin 42.0))

fpsin expands pretty much to a direct call to the C sin() function, while
sin is wrapped in a function.

It could be that your compiler is performing some optimization which causes
this value to be (slightly?) different.

If it's possible, could you try it on a different version of your C
compiler (or another C compiler entirely), and/or tell us your compiler's
version?

Cheers,
Peter
--