Re: [Chicken-users] [ANN] usb egg v0.1.0 is released

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [ANN] usb egg v0.1.0 is released
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 14:56:15 +0200

Hello Aaron,

We're just started looking at your chicken-usb egg. The API is much more intuitive than Python's!

Might it be a good idea to define a record printer for #<usb-device> records to include the vendor and product ids, and perhaps serial-number? That way, we could quickly test like this:

$ csi -R usb -p '(usb-devices (usb-make-context))'
(#<usb-device> #<usb-device> #<usb-device> #<usb-device>)
;; I'd love to get
(#<usb-device idVendor: 0x1234 idProduct: 0x3214> ...)

Cheers,
K.