Re: [Chicken-users] bugs can be corrected live

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] bugs can be corrected live
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 22:25:29 +0200 (CEST)

From: "Daniel Ajoy" <address@hidden>
Subject: [Chicken-users] bugs can be corrected live
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 23:48:37 -0500

> Hi,
>
> Here
>
> http://wiki.call-cc.org/elevator-pitch
>
> it says this:
>
> "An excellent maintenance environment; bugs can be corrected live,
> without restarting a single process."
>
> where can I find more information about that?
>
> I think that page should have links to the pages where those things
> are explained.

It just means that you can interactively evaluate code, redefining
global variables on the fly. So if you have a server application (for
instance) and some way of interacting with it (remotely, or through a
console), then it is possible to interactively change things. This is
not fully automatic and the application needs to have explicit support
for it, but it is certainly possible.