Re: [Chicken-users] pressed Ctrl-\ and got segmentation fault

From: Moritz Wilhelmy
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] pressed Ctrl-\ and got segmentation fault
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 21:45:25 +0200

Hello Daniel,

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 10:54:53 +0200, Moritz Wilhelmy wrote:
> I can confirm that it happens without any readline-ish extensions (and in fact
> no ~/.csirc at all). This chicken 4.7.0 is on FreeBSD/amd64 9.1-RELEASE.
>
> It should be noted that ^\ sends SIGQUIT, similar to the way ^C sends SIGINT,
> and in fact csi segfaults if I kill -QUIT it as well.

I misread the problem as "dumps core" rather than "segfaults".
Sorry for the confusion, it exits because of SIGQUIT for me, and dumps core. It
does however not exit because of SIGSEGV.

(It really shouldn't segfault. I'm guessing sjamaan is right and this is one of
the things from your csirc causing the invalid handling of ^\ and readline being
a likely cause.)

Best regards,

Moritz