Re: [Chicken-users] Scheme and Xcode?

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Scheme and Xcode?
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 10:42:12 +0200 (CEST)

From: Tom Kwong <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 17:53:14 -0700

> I second that question. It would be nice if anyone has any kind of
> documentation about how to embed chicken in an iPhone app.

I have no specific documentation for that but it is certainly possible
to embed compiled Scheme code in an Objective-C app (see the
"Embedding" manual section). It might be necessary to build the
runtime system (libchicken) separately, and link statically, since
Guidelines. Using eggs in that case is a bit of a problem and will
require some manual work but I've done that and can report that it
works.

Unfortunately the CHICKEN build will not run out of the box with the
current Xcode version, but I will try to provide some patches for that
soon.

The "objc" egg for interfacing to Objective-C is AFAIK abandoned and
will not be maintained any further. A more lightweight but actively
maintained Objective-C interface can be found here:

  https://github.com/chicken-mobile/objc